- The contest is open to all photographers worldwide, and no entry fee is required.
- To register and enter this contest you have to agree to these Rules and Regulations.
- The contest is open to photographers between the ages of 18 and 30* (Minimum age 18. Maximum Age 30).
- Only the photographer can submit his or her images. Images may not be submitted by a third party on behalf of a photographer.
- All images must be submitted through the official contest website.
- Entries may only be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry.
- Upon request, photographers must include a model and/or property release. Failure to provide such release upon request may result in disqualification.
- Inappropriate submissions will disqualify the photographer from the contest.
- All decisions by the contest judges are final.
- Submitted images do not have to be shot using broncolor equipment.
*At the time of application
- Images from any field of photography can be submitted (portrait, fashion, sports, still life, experimental, etc.).
- Submitted images should preferably be taken using flashlight, and upon winning the photographer should be aware that flash photography is the only focus.
Submission of photographs/specifications
- Submission is open from March 28th, 2018 to May 18th, 2018 (until midnight, Central European Time zone, CET). Images must be submitted during this period.
- Every photographer can submit up to 3 images.
- Once a photograph has been submitted, it is final and may not be replaced.
IMAGE FILES/FORMAT for SUBMISSION
- Online submission format: JPG.
- Minimum picture size: 10 megapixels.
- Maximum file size: 10 megabytes.
- All images must be available for re-submission in their original size.
- Both images shot on film or digitally will be accepted. All film prints and transparencies must be drum scanned at high resolution and delivered digitally. No prints will be accepted.
broncolor is looking for talented young photographers with an individual and outstanding portfolio. The broncolor Gen NEXT ambassadors are a select group of young professional photographers that stand out due to their exceptional talent, skills and creative visions. They are active pioneers in what they do, they like to break new ground, push their industry forward and inspire others along the way.
Gen NEXT stands for the gateway to the views of tomorrow, for the spearhead of photography.
The selection will be done internally at broncolor and no information concerning the process in general will be given.
Winners will become broncolor Gen NEXT ambassadors for two years (June 2018 – June 2020).
By being a member of broncolor Gen NEXT the photographer benefits from:
- Free equipment from broncolor up to a value of CHF 20,000 (US$ 22,000) based on broncolor distributor sales price list. The equipment will remain property of broncolor until completion of the two-year program. After that period the equipment will be automatically transferred to the photographer.
- A special discount of 20% on all additional broncolor products based on broncolor distributors recommended sales price list.
- Free loan equipment for specific projects at the discretion of broncolor.
- Free promotion through broncolor’s worldwide channels.
- A photographer profile on the blog gennext.broncolor.com for an additional year after the sponsorship ends.
By winning, the photographer agrees to:
- Create at least one blog post a month (in English) in the first year and one blog post every second month in the second year.
- Provide broncolor with 1-2 high res images per year for their communication, advertising or commercial use to promote Gen NEXT or broncolor products.
- Create behind-the-scenes videos about their work with possible product placement and/or the right to show/use end result videos if available.
- Actively post on his/her social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. regularly, at least twice a month.
- First post Gen NEXT related blog entries on the Gen NEXT Blog, with link to the photographer’s blog.
- Use defined hashtags and hyperlinks to broncolor’s social media account.
- Use the Gen NEXT logo where possible to explain and commit to the program on their personal channels.
- Represent broncolor Gen NEXT at events hosted by broncolor or its distributors for a minimum of 3 days a year during the two-year contract period. Travel expenses (economy class) and accommodation will be covered by broncolor.
- The cost for replacement consumables such as flash tubes, domes, bulbs, batteries etc. have to be covered by the photographer (at 20% discount).
- Damages due to improper or careless use and handling of the equipment have to be covered by the photographer.
- broncolor equipment in possession of the photographer has to be insured against all risks (theft, fire, water, damages in transit etc.) by the photographer at his/her own cost.
Upon winning, the photographer cannot be sponsored by any other light or flash manufacturer and agrees to the exclusive sponsorship agreement with broncolor.
WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS
Submitting photographers must own all rights to any media (photographs, video, text) entered in this contest. By submitting an image or video, the photographer represents and warrants that such submission does not infringe any third-party rights or other rights protected by law, such as model rights and property releases.
Rights and copyrights conveyed by the photographer:
- All images submitted for consideration in the broncolor Gen NEXT contest 2018 remain the sole property of the photographer. Entrants retain copyright over each of their images.
- Entrants grant broncolor Gen NEXT and its affiliates, subsidiaries and partners right to use the submitted photos without compensation in the context of broncolor Gen NEXT, the broncolor Gen NEXT contest, for contest promotions, marketing and advertising. Notwithstanding the aforesaid this includes – without a restriction in time – the worldwide use of the submitted photos in any media, in particular any print media (e.g. magazines and newspapers) and electronic/digital offline and online media (e.g. on broncolor.com, gennext.broncolor.com or associated websites or social internet platforms and networks).
- To protect the copyright of the photographer, the Bron Elektronik AG will use the submitted photos only in low resolution whenever this is reasonable and technically possible (e.g. on the internet). Credits will be given according to the customary practice in the media business.
- The entrant acknowledges and agrees that any personal data contained in the Application Form will be registered in electronic form by methods of automated data processing by Bron Elektronik AG. Entrant data may be passed on to affiliates of Bron Elektronik AG, to subsidiaries, and to Bron Elektronik AG’s contractual partners. Bron Elektronik AG will delete all personal data upon the entrant’s written request for deletion of his/her data.
- The entrant agrees that such personal data will be used primarily in connection with the broncolor Gen NEXT contest, including but not limited to facilitate communication with the entrant and storage of data for consideration of possible productions/assignments or any kind of future co-operation with third parties.
The invalidity of one or more provisions in this Rules and Regulations shall not affect the validity of the rest of this document. The void or ineffective provision shall be replaced by Bron Elektronik AG by such provision that best legally and economically approximates to the purpose of the void one.